Received the following cash dividends in July:
- SPC: ₱0.40/share, around 8.8%, annually*
- CEB: ₱2.75/share, around 2.4%, annually
- SMC2F: ₱1.27635/share, around 1.57%, quarterly
- SMC2C: ₱1.50/share, around 1.86%, quarterly
- HLCM: ₱0.98/share, around 7.9%, annually**
- DDPR: ₱1.61945/share, around 1.54%, quarterly
- MEG: ₱0.05410389/share, around 1%, annually
- ROCK: ₱0.0594/share, around 3.3%, annually
- SMC: ₱0.35/share, around 1/3 of 1%, quarterly
All above % estimates are against price on Sep 12, and are the gross value/share, not taking into account the 10% withholding tax for Filipino citizens.
Cash dividends in July 2017 are higher than my typical month and it made up 0.59% of my whole principal. Meaning if I always had as much cash dividends in a month, my principal would be getting around 7% p.a. gross. This is due to the quarterly SMC and DD preferred shares paying during the month, plus the annual cash div payable of higher yield shares, SPC, HLCM and ROCK (I consider anything above 3% as fairly high yield).
*This was supposed to have been paid on June 30, but it arrived to me in July, hence I’m accounting it in July.
**Noted this share fell in value in the past few weeks which has increased the cash dividend yield.
Received the following cash dividends in August:
- JGS: ₱0.28/share, around 1/3 of 1%, annual
- CNPF: ₱0.18/share, around 1%, annual
As the above percentages show, they both aren’t exactly dividend plays.
Bought SHNG @ ₱3.25 on Aug 31, FGEN @ ₱16.86 on Sep 4 and AC @ ₱917.50 today.
Recently sold the following shares:
- SSI @ ₱4.71 and ₱4.70 on Aug 30, 2017
- SMPH @ ₱33.70 on Aug 31, 2017
I typically sell for just two reasons, one is to risk manage, the other is that the stock is just plain overpriced and I believe I can eventually pick up the stock at a lower price.
My recent sell of SCC was for reason 1, while WLCON @ ₱8.58, SECB @ ₱260.40, SSI @ ₱4.70 and ₱4.71 and SMPH @ ₱33.70 was for reason 2.
Since I sold WLCON, it has gone up to the ₱9.50 range (I’m still holding some shares) and I’m just wondering how much that stock can still rise.
SMPH is still around the same range as when I sold it. I simply don’t think that the multiples of SMPH justify its price (around 37 P/E), specially with a net income growth rate of around 15% Q/Q. As with WLCON, I’m still holding some SMPH.
SCC has gone up, notwithstanding the ₱5/share that I missed on. I am also still holding some SCC.
SSI and SECB have gone down. I’ve sold all my SSI and am still holding some SECB which I intend to buy again.