Received the following cash dividends in September:
- GLO: ₱22.75/share, around 1.1%, quarterly (4.4% p.a.)
- PF: ₱1.50/share, around 0.48%, quarterly (1.9% p.a.)
- TEL: ₱48.00/share, around 2.8%, semi-annually (4.4% p.a.)
- SCC: ₱5.00/share, around 2.9%, semi-annually (5.8% p.a.)*
- SHNG: ₱0.07/share, around 2.2%, semi-annually (5.1% p.a.)
- SGI: ₱0.07/share, around 4.89%, annually
- MPI: ₱0.0345/share, around 0.5%, semi-annually (1.49% p.a.)
All above % estimates are against price at close of October 4, and are the gross value/share, not taking into account the 10% withholding tax for Filipino citizens.
Per my previous post, received a net of around 0.297% of my principal from cash dividends in September (which if the equivalent would occur each month of the year, would equal to around 3.56% p.a.).
* based on Aug 18, 2017 closing price, which was before the 300% stock dividend
Sold half of my LTG shares for ₱14.90 back in Mar 22 that in hindsight might not have been the best thing to do (it closed at ₱16.08 today), especially since my net gain was just slightly over 3% for holding a stock for more than three months. This is below my IRR of greater than 11%. I guess I just thought that it’s better to gain rather than see and wait for a stock in case it goes below purchase price. I did hold on to my other half of shares which is currently showing a paper gain of around over 19%.
As I said in previous posts on what I was planning to purchase, in the past week I bought some more ALCO @ ₱1.38, CPG @ ₱0.495, MPI @ ₱6.12 and SGI @ ₱1.39.
Looking at HLCM the past few days, but it went up 3.2% today, so I might hold off… or maybe buy at the higher price. May sell some GLO or MWIDE as I’d need to get ready for the stock rights of CHIB (to be priced on Apr 6, offered from Apr 24 to May 5, with a tentative listing date of May 10).
Excited about the WLCON listing tomorrow. Got a very limited amount of shares. Read somewhere it was 3x oversubscribed. At the offer price though, the price was quite dear. Let’s see how the market thinks about it tomorrow.
PHN ex-divs tomorrow, payment is supposed to be on Apr 21. Also received my PX cash div of ₱0.04 / share and BEL’s cash div of ₱0.095 / share recently (PX’s cash div yield is so low I’m not going to even try to compute it, BEL’s is around 2.3%).